Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ok, I'm back, what did I miss?

There's always a small level of guilt that comes to me when I do things for myself. Maybe other people have this, I don't know. The last time I was writing on here was around the time I found out I was pregnant. Despite my beliefs that pregnancy was no big deal, an opinion based on stories of my grandmother never missing a day of work even on the day she delivered all eight of her children, I found the whole experience very humbling. Moving past my "ego" I had to admit to myself that I couldn't keep going at the usual pace I had been. Needless to say my dear blog readers you were left behind, but often in my thoughts. So after that long winded explanation/apology on with the update!

My daughter Rogue Glorianna Valenta was born in a home water-birth at the beginning of July 2010. All the yoga and the added hip adjustments done by my osteopath Mike Annison made things go so smoothly I think we were all surprised. I had taught yoga up until the end of April, but by that time was ready for a break. I've kept up my own yoga and meditation practice as much as possible during my past year on maternity leave and notice the difference when I don't find time to do it even in the way my daughter behaves. Nothing makes you realize how much we effect each other until you see your kid's mood change almost directly to reflect yours.

Over the year we enjoyed many camping experiences including the beautiful August meteor shower, and a trip to my favorite place Charleston Lake. I gained first hand experience of "Mommy-brain" brought on by total exhaustion, my two favorite occurrences being when I tried to open the front door of the house with the automatic car-door opener and the second being the time I hopped into the shower fully clothed. We made time to live out a dream of driving across Canada, we did a trip blog so we can show Rogue when she's older, follow this link if you're into those kinds of things. I took the time to read books, a novelty in today's busy world, and found inspiration in Pete Egoscue's views on living Pain Free.

Now I'm back at work and continuing to seek balance in my everyday life. The blog has been revamped and I'm looking at ways to keep it interesting. I've begun A Course in Miracles and of course I am continuing my own practice. I'm not sure what's happening with my teaching practice at this time. I'm taking it slow and seeing where my path leads. But as always feel free to message any yoga questions or thoughts. New things to come so stay tuned.