Friday, July 4, 2008

Sacral Chakra- Svadhisthana Chakra

Of course now that I've said I'll take the full-time nursing job with Queensway Carleton Hospital who ends up calling me? Alberta.(I haven't heard hide nor hair from them in a month) they left a voicemail asking when I would like my start date to be. At the same time I realized I haven't discussed salary with the QCH at all, they haven't even mentioned it, so I'm putting both jobs on hold until I have a better idea of which will serve me better. There's a bunch of pros and cons for either choice so like any big decision this one won't be easy.

I'm reaching the end of my Aparigraha practice but know that I'm not really near the end of it at all. Not grasping onto things is an ongoing battle that I know I will always face but just bringing my awareness to my unconscious desire to pull all things close to myself is a big step towards stopping. I've realized over the past two weeks that I very rarely commit to one path and usually start down one way and then change my mind and start down another and then turn around again. I'm always wary of closing doors in my life but at the same time I'm spreading myself too thin and making it hard to truly achieve any one thing. I know I've always been proud of my ability to multi-task but I think this is getting to be too much. Strangely my chakra of the day is the Sacral Chakra and it really relates to this.

So your Sacral chakra is the second chakra in your group of 7 major chakras. It moves up from the root chakra and is located in the middle of the lower abdomen. This chakra is often associated with your sexual expression, but I really think that would be giving this chakra far to little credit. I read once that when it comes to men everything in life is about sex, except sex which is about everything else. I'm sure this is true for women in some ways too. And that's what I find with this chakra is that it relates to so much in our lives besides our sexuality. It's strongly linked to emotional expression and creativity but more importantly it's about balance. When we look at our Sacral chakra we have to ask ourselves are their things in our lives that we are pulling to close to ourselves (aparigraha) and are there things that we're running away from. Do we take on too much or too little and are we aware of what we need to find balance. The sacral chakra receives it's energy from the root chakra so we still need to consider our foundation as we move up through our chakras, but once we are well grounded it's possible for us to consider our path. The direction we take is not as important as making sure we move with balance. Any path taken without considering this balance is likely to tip us off it. So be willing to ask yourself these honest questions and give your honest answers to find out whether your pulling or pushing yourself too far in any direction.

Sending healing energy to your sacral chakra is similar to working with your root chakra.
Close your eyes and sit in a meditative posture. Clear your mind by focusing on your breath and when you're ready focus your attention on the area below your belly button (in about the area where you feel pressure when your bladder is full ). As your attention focuses here you can begin to hear the word Vam (rhymes with Tom) vibrate in your mind at any speed or frequency. Let the sound fill your head as you focus on the area. Then after breathing here for a few minutes begin to fill your head with a orange glow, still focusing your thoughts on the area below your navel. Continue to keep your focus here as you breath. Again you can do this for any length of time you find suitable but 3 minutes is a good start. After your time is up let your focus return to your breath and your mind to clear. Start to deepen you breath to bring yourself back into your body. Thank yourself for for taking time to care for your Sacral chakra. Namaste!

I'm off to Niagara Glen for a climbing weekend and I'm so happy to get out for the beautiful days. I hope everyone goes and enjoys some free time outside.
Happy Friday!